Here’s a list of large/medium fairs in and around New Jersey in 2009. Check out the links for more information about the particular fair. Also if you know about a fair in the NJ, southern NY or eastern PA areas that’s not on this list (I’m sure there’s many more), please leave a comment with the name of the fair, starting/ending dates and a link to the fair’s website if applicable. Thanks!
Dates that are in red indicate fairs that are currently underway. Dates that are in light grey indicate fairs that have already past; a trip report will be next to them if applicable.
- Burlington County Farm Fair; Lumberton, NJ: July 22 – July 25
- Cumberland County Fair; Millville, NJ: July 6 – July 11
- Freedom Fest Fair; Allentown, NJ: July 7 – July 12
- Middlesex County Fair; East Brunswick, NJ: August 3 – August 9
- Morris County 4-H Fair; Chester, NJ: July 24 – July 26
- New Jersey State Fair; Augusta, NJ: July 31 – August 9 (2009 Trip Report)
- North Brunswick Youth Sports Festival (link goes to article); North Brunswick, NJ: June 11 – June 14 / June 17 – June 21
- Ocean County Fair; Berkeley, NJ: July 14 – July 19
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Fair; Hammonton, NJ; July 14 – July 19
- Passaic County Fair; West Patterson, NJ: July 15 – July 19
- State Fair Meadolwands; East Rutherford, NJ: June 25 – July 12 (2009 Trip Report)
- Strawberry Fair; Oceanport, NJ: May 19 – May 24
- Warren County Farmers’ Fair; Phillipsburg, NJ: July 26 – August 1
- Warren Lions Expo; Warren, NJ: June 17 – June 21(2009 Trip Report)
Southern New York
- Dutchess County Fair; Rhinebeck, NY: August 25 – August 30
- Orange County Fair; Middletown, NY: July 23 – August 2
- Ulster County Fair; New Paltz, NY: July 28 – August 2
- Goshen Country Fair; Goshen, PA: July 27 – August 1
- Great Allentown Fair; Allentown, PA: September 1 – September 7
- Northeast Fair; Pittston, PA: June 23 – June 28
Unfortunately I don’t have an official website for it but my town, North Brunswick, holds a carnival every June called the North Brunswick Youth Sports Festival. The rides are owned/operated by Amusements of America and they usually have the Space Roller. This year’s festival will be held Thursday, June 11 to Sunday, June 14 and again Wednesday, June 17 through Sunday, June 21 at the Devry University on route 1. Try not to go on any of the Saturday night’s, they have fireworks shows which bring in just about the entire population of not only North Brunswick but all surrounding towns.
Hey thanks, I’ll add it to the list; it sounds like a pretty good fair actually!
We hold many fairs in NJ from May through mid of July with two seperate units. You can check our schedule @ http://www.amusementsofamerica.com/events_current.htm
In addition to the Space Roller, we now have new rides like the Extreme, Zero Gravity, & Hog Wild.
Central Elementary School in Great Meadows, NJ will have a carnival on Saturday, October 3, 2009. It will be held at the Field of Dreams or at Great Meadows Middle School (if inclement weather). The carnival will run from 12-5pm. We have an awesome animal theme. There will be games, prizes, vendors, activities, moonbouncers, contests, and much more! The amazing band “Reverse Order” will perform. The event is a playground fundraiser.